Suffering from poor performance and reduced fuel economy resulting from oversized tires? A Nitro gear change will help get that performance and economy back!
If you've fitted larger tires to your vehicle then you are likely experiencing a loss in performance, fuel economy, and more constant transmission gear “hunting" - This is because the larger tires reduce your engine's RPMs below the optimal power band. Re-gearing the differentials in your vehicle is the only way to get your vehicle back into its optimal operating RPM range, thus improving performance and reducing strain on your vehicle's drivetrain. This is especially important for today's vehicles as they feature tall factory gearing and overdrive transmissions which are less tolerant to an increase in tire size or the weight of added accessories.
It's a common misconception that gear changes are reserved only for hardcore off-roaders or trucks with huge tires. However, re-gearing is one of the single most beneficial modifications you can make to keep the performance, economy, and durability of your daily-driven 4x4. This is a mod for anyone with larger tires, increased weight, or increased performance on stock vehicles for towing or increased acceleration.
- 4.30 & 5.29 Use Standard Thickness Front Gearset and are designed to fit the OEM 3.90+ Carrier, models equipped with 3.73 or down will require NC-T8S-4 or ARB RD111.
- 4.10, 4.56, 4.88 Use “Thick” Front Gearset and are designed to fit the OEM 3.73Carrier, models equipped with 3.91+ will require NC-T8S-3 or ARB RD121
- Carriers are sold separately.
Gear Package Kit Includes:
- Nitro front ring & pinion
- Nitro front Master Install Kit
- Nitro rear ring & pinion
- Nitro rear Master Install Kit
- Front solid pre-load spacer
- Rear solid pre-load spacer