This PowerTray is for the early Bantam design (wires come in from side).
sPOD has done it again with their solid state Power Distribution Systems. The Bantam brings a whole new level of control to your vehicles accessories. Also, with less than half the footprint of sPOD's renowned Source SE System, the small size of the sPOD Bantam makes it a perfect choice for any adventure vehicle.
This PowerTray also features a location for a Blue Sea 6 circuit fuse block, which expands the system’s capacity by giving you the added ability to wire in accessories that would otherwise be inconvenient to power though your Switch-Pros. For example, under hood lights and cargo lights can now have an external switch located right where you want it, no more running back into the cab to turn them on.
The addition of a fuse block is also great for accessories like front/rear mount cameras, aftermarket HID headlights, aftermarket Horns, air compressors etc. Accessories like this use the vehicles own factory wiring to activate the accessory, but due to the thin gauge of wire used for OEM applications most aftermarket parts like these need a more robust power source to draw from.
- 1/8th Inch 5052 Aircraft Aluminum - Possibly a little overkill to use for mounting electrical accessories that tend to weigh in the ounces, not pounds. But with a weight coming in at 3X lighter than steel and corrosion resistance far superior to even stainless steel, aluminum is the clear choice for weathering the harsh conditions we put our vehicles though.
- Waterjet manufacturing - Guarantees precise cuts with an accuracy of ±0.003", which is why it is used globally in many industries for intricate designs and jobs which require high tolerances.
- Chamfered edges - This is the only step where we cut corners (hehe). To avoid sharp edges we chamfer all jagged edges and corners by hand with a specialized high-speed router bit. So you don't have to worry about cutting your hands or scratching your vehicles paint during installation. Also with a 45° chamfer on the edges you minimize the risk of vibration wearing though the protective sleeving on cables and wires which would short out the circuit.
- Perfect fit - The fender-side bend is bent an additional 10° to match the angle of the factory threaded M8 holes to ensure a level mounting surface.
- Unparalleled stability - Utilizing three points of contact, you can be sure that your valuable electronics are safe and supported by including an additional support leg that secures the far-side of the tray to the lower inner fender.
- High Quality JIS Class 10.9 Steel Hardware - Your entire Toyota is built with JIS (Japanese industrial standard) hardware so why should your aftermarket parts be any different.
- Power Made Easy - Delivered right to your door with step-by-step installation instructions.
This PowerTray will fit 2nd & 3rd Gen Toyota Tacoma's (2005-Current) with the following requirements:
- Electric Assist Braking.
- This includes TRD Off Road and TRD Pro models. These models feature an electronic assisted braking system as opposed to the traditional vacuum booster seen in other models. Note: Regardless of any bedside stickers or options your Tacoma may have, double check that you have the electric assist braking system and do not have the vacuum booster behind the master cylinder.
- Automatic Transmissions or Manual transmissions that DO NOT have the fender-mounted clutch fluid reservoir.
- Unfortunately PowerTrays will not work with the fender-mounted clutch fluid reservoir (which include the majority of Tacoma's prior to 2020) due to the reservoir being mounted in the same location the PowerTray installs.
- So if your Tacoma has a manual transmission and has this reservoir bolted to the inner fender, then shoot us an email with pictures of the reservoir and please include vehicle info like year, make, and model of your Tacoma so we can go over options for relocating the reservoir.
- Superchargers: Unfortunately most supercharged Tacomas have an Air To Water reservoir mounted in the same area the PowerTray is designed to install. So you would need to either relocate that reservoir or you could purchase the Standoff version of this tray and mount it on top of the Factory fuse block lid.