You will have two options for the style of tray to mount your universal 6-circuit switch panel.
1. Original universal 6 PowerTray:
- While not as robust, nor having all the features the award winning Switch-Pros or sPOD systems have, these universal switch panels can be found all over the Internet for under $100 and are great for the person on a budget.
- Take all the guess work out of wiring up a new accessory. This PowerTray employs a dedicated 8 circuit barrier terminal block and low profile grounding busbar, which creates the ultimate wire management solution. No more fiddling around with excess wires or scrambling to find a secure and reliable ground for each of your accessories. We've been there and done that and learned from our frustration.
- Now with this PowerTray system installed, wiring up a new accessory is as easy as taking the positive and negative wires, crimping on some ring terminals, and simply attaching the positive to one of the 8 circuits on the barrier terminal block and the negative to your common ground busbar. That's it, you're done! No need to bust out a soldering iron or buy fancy connectors that require expensive specialty crimpers.
- This PowerTray also features the Blue Sea 6 circuit fuse block, which expands the system’s capacity by giving you the added ability to wire in accessories that would otherwise be inconvenient to power though an in-cab mounted switch panel. For example, under hood lights and cargo lights can now have an external switch located right where you want it, no more running back into the cab to turn them on.
- An addition fuse block is also great for accessories like front/rear mount cameras, aftermarket HID headlights, aftermarket Horns, air compressors etc. Accessories like this use the vehicles own factory wiring to activate the accessory, but due to the thin gauge of wire used for OEM applications most aftermarket parts like these need more robust power source to draw from.
2. Essentials universal 6 PowerTray:
- This option is the same as the Original Universal 6 PowerTray seen above, minus the fuse block. Its a simple, compact solution to mount your Universal 6 system and the Blue Sea terminal block and busbar so you can keep your wiring clean and organized.
- There is no support leg included with this tray since the mounting platform is smaller allowing for an easier and more cost effective install of your Universal 6.
- 1/8th Inch 5052 Aircraft Aluminum - Possibly a little overkill to use for mounting electrical accessories that tend to weigh in the ounces, not pounds. But with a weight coming in at 3X lighter than steel and corrosion resistance far superior to even stainless steel, aluminum is the clear choice for weathering the harsh conditions we put our vehicles though.
- Waterjet manufacturing - Guarantees precise cuts with an accuracy of ±0.003", which is why it is used globally in many industries for intricate designs and jobs which require high tolerances.
- Chamfered edges - This is the only step where we cut corners (hehe). To avoid sharp edges we chamfer all jagged edges and corners by hand with a specialized high-speed router bit. So you don't have to worry about cutting your hands or scratching your vehicles paint during installation. Also with a 45° chamfer on the edges you minimize the risk of vibration wearing though the protective sleeving on cables and wires which would short out the circuit.
- Perfect fit - The fender-side bend is bent an additional 10° to match the angle of the factory threaded M8 holes to ensure a level mounting surface.
- Unparalleled stability - Utilizing three points of contact, you can be sure that your valuable electronics are safe and supported by including an additional support leg that secures the far-side of the tray to the lower inner fender.
- High Quality JIS Class 10.9 Steel Hardware - Your entire Toyota is built with JIS (Japanese industrial standard) hardware so why should your aftermarket parts be any different.
- Power Made Easy - Delivered right to your door with step-by-step installation instructions.
This PowerTray will fit 2nd and 3rd Gen Toyota Tacoma's (2005-Current) with the following requirements:
- Vacuum booster braking.
- this includes SR, SR5, TRD Sport and Limited models. These models feature a traditional vacuum booster as opposed to being electronically assisted like in the TRD Off Road models. Note: Regardless of any bedside stickers or options your Tacoma may have, double check that you have the vacuum booster behind the master cylinder.
- Automatic transmissions or manual transmissions that do not have the fender-mounted clutch fluid reservoir.
- Unfortunately PowerTrays will not work with the fender-mounted clutch fluid reservoir (which include the majority of Tacoma's prior to 2020) due to the reservoir being mounted in the same location the PowerTray installs.
- So if your Tacoma has a manual transmission and has this reservoir bolted to the inner fender, then shoot us an email with pictures of the reservoir and please include vehicle info like year, make, and model of your Tacoma so we can go over options for relocating the reservoir.
- Superchargers: Unfortunately most supercharged Tacomas have an Air To Water reservoir mounted in the same area the PowerTray is designed to install. So you would need to either relocate that reservoir or you could purchase the Standoff version of this tray and mount it on top of the Factory fuse block lid.