The Toyota Tundra (2022-2023) & Sequoia (2023) EXP Series front shock absorbers by ICON Vehicle Dynamics combine the performance of a fully rebuildable 2.5-inch diameter premium shock absorber with the convenience and cost-benefits of re-using the Tundra’s factory coil spring and other components. EXP bridges the gap between spacer lifts and threaded bodied coilovers, providing suspension lift, custom-tuned performance and maximum travel, all in an economical package.
EXP Series is based on ICON’s proven 2.5-inch diameter Aluminum Series shock absorber, featuring a one-piece impact-extruded aluminum shock body. Hard anodizing provides a great-looking, consistent finish with superior resistance to abrasion and corrosion. The massive 7/8-inch diameter shaft is induction hardened and chrome plated. EXP shocks use the factory shaft-up orientation, with the shaft ends machined to re-use the Tundra’s OE upper shock and spring mounts.
The 6061-billet aluminum coil spring seat is CNC machined to fit the molded heavy duty urethane coil spring seat that is specifically designed to fit the Tundra’s OE coil spring. A series of snap-ring grooves machined into the shock body provide easily-selectable front-end ride height adjustment from 0" to 3” of lift over stock.
EXP Series shocks utilize a one-piece digressive piston design and are custom tuned for the Tundra in conjunction with their stock front coil springs to maximize damping performance and provide unsurpassed ride quality, on and off-road. The increased piston size and shock oil volume provided by the 2.5-inch diameter aluminum body also provide superior heat dissipation compared to the smaller, steel bodied OE shocks, resulting in longer-lasting shock performance over prolonged use at higher speeds and through rougher terrain. For those who would like to further tune their suspension, EXP shocks are fully re-valvable (and rebuildable) by any qualified shock technician, with parts available from ICON.
Features & benefits:
- Vehicle specific design for 2022-UP Toyota Tundra.
- Vehicle specific tuned for superior shock damping and control.
- 2.5 Aluminum Series Shock with Internal Reservoir.
- Adjustable ride heights from 0-3” of front lift over stock with the use of snap ring.
- Utilizes factory coil and coil hardware.
- Inverted shaft up design featuring 7/8” diameter, induction hardened, chrome plated shaft.
- Impact extruded, hard anodized aluminum cylinder offers excellent corrosion resistance and consistent finish.
- CNC machined 6061 aluminum components with a black anodized finish.
- PTFE lined spherical bearing for extended longevity and minimal deflection.
- Fully rebuildable and re-tunable.
- OEM Wheels & Tires Fitment: Yes.
- Recommended Aftermarket Wheels: 17x8.5" w/ 5.75” Backspace / 25mm Offset.
- Recommended Aftermarket Tires: 35" x 12.50" (Minor fender trimming and modifications may be required).
- EXP Coilovers are sold individually. A quantity of 2 are required per vehicle.
- Lift heights above 2.25” require sway bar drop bracket kit part number 55154.
- Lift heights above 2.25” over stock require aftermarket front UCAs to maintain proper alignment.
- Tundras equipped with Load-leveling Rear Height Control Air Suspension may not sit level. Rear lift options for air equipped trucks coming soon!
- 2022 Tundra SR5 equipped with TRD Sport packages will have lift height range of .5-3” over stock.
- Not compatible with Tundras equipped with Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS).
- Not compatible with Tundra TRD Pro.