Lead time: Steel skids & catalytic guards: 2-4 weeks. Aluminum skids: 4-6 weeks.
Protect your SUV from costly underbody damage with an RCI Metalworks transmission skid plate. An excellent addition to your vehicle, or replacement for the cheap and light duty oem skid plates, which do not provide adequate protection for off road use.
Underbody damage is costly. Protect your investment with the high-quality transmission skid plate by RCI Metalworks. Ties in seamlessly with RCI front and transfer-case skid plates or use as a stand-alone item.
Built with your choice of laser cut 3/16” steel or 1/4″ aluminum, this plate is custom fit to protect the transmission of all 5th generation 2010-Present 4Runners with premium quality, fit, and finish.
V8 and V6 models use different parts, please select the correct option for your truck.
- Protects transmission, second and third cross-members.
- Excellent addition or replacement of weak, lightweight OEM skid plates (which do not provide full coverage over transmission).
- Service openings for maintenance without removal.
- Reinforced edges between cross-members for maximum strength and rigidity.
- Bolt protector rings surround exposed bolts, shielding against physical damage.
- Smooth, flat surface that easily slides over obstacles.
- Black powder coat available for rust resistant, durable, and high-quality finish.
- Installs in minutes.
- All hardware and installation instructions provided.
- Direct bolt-on addition to existing factory attachment points, no drilling required.