Get the look and feel of a high-end luxury vehicle. The VLEDS Dual Output footwell kit will provide a better driving experience by adding comfort and a feeling of safety.
New Harness Like the previous version, there is no splicing or tapping into your factory wires. The new, easier-to-install OEM-style breakout harness by Redside Electric now installed between the factory harness and the overhead panel assembly. This harness enables paralleled functionality by combining footwell and dome lights with the factory overhead light switch.
Night Mode will not turn off when the factory dome light switch is in the off position.
Compatible with any existing VLEDS 3G Tacoma footwell kits. Old harness should be removed from A pillar if replacing.
2016+ Toyota Tacoma Only. The pinout is designed for this vehicle ONLY.
Dual Output PWM dimmer module allows for two output modes depending on the scenario.
- COURTESY MODE: Open the door, and the lights are at full output (200LM per side) and fade out with the map and dome light when the door is closed.
- NIGHT MODE: While driving at night, a soft ambient light adds a sense of spaciousness throughout the cabin. If you want it brighter, use the included screwdriver and turn it up to your liking. The output is factory set to approximately 10LM (the lowest setting).
5X Brighter The striplight bars are small but produce a considerable amount of light compared to cheap, flexible strip lights that are ten times the size. No plastic or fiberglass parts here! The circuit boards are aluminum metal core PCBs housed in a CNC'd aluminum (not cast) body and then finished with a high-quality exterior-grade black anodizing. They not only look amazing, but they will last you for years!
- Easy Install: Plug and play OEM plug breakout harness (installs behind driver a-pillar).
- Aluminum: Beautifully CNC'd all-aluminum body striplight bar with satin black anodized finish.
- Driver: Built-in current limiting resistor and diode protects the strip from reversed polarity installation.
- Connections: Over-molded 2 pin connectors for easier installation and better reliability.
- Mounting: Super-strong 3M double-sided tape and Velcro for mounting.
- Proprietary: 21x 3014 chips mounted to on an aluminum PCB that match all VLEDS LED bulbs.
- Output: 400LM Total
- Current Draw @ 14.4V: 0.5A
- Operating Voltage: 12-18V
- Light Source: 3014 Proprietary Chip
- Driver Style: Resistors
- 2x BAR_21 BAR_21 LED Bar Light
- 2x BAR_21 LSE VHB Tape for Smooth Surfaces
- 1x VLEDS High/Low PWM Dimmer
- 1x Dimmer LSE Mounting Tape
- 1x PWM Adjustment Screwdriver
- 1x Redside Electric OEM-style Breakout Harness
- 1x 2 Foot Wire Extension
- 1x 4 Foot Wire Extension
- 8x Small Zip Ties
Color temperature is primarily a style choice, but the human eye does perceive a whiter light as being brighter. The image below shows a side-by-side comparison of our six choices. 5000K is natural white, 5500K is pure white, and 6000K is white with a tint of blue.
As for the color options, Aqua is a very close match to the backlighting of the buttons and switches. Blue is a deep true blue, and of course, Red is a vibrant rich red. Choosing a color is ultimately it's up to you depending on your lighting goals. The higher Kelvin number DOES NOT mean the light will be brighter, in fact, it is quite the opposite. The higher the Kelvin the lower the output.
It's nearly impossible to get an EXACT match in color temperature because of variations in the manufacturing of LED products. The only way to make sure that you get a perfect match between products is to purchase all your LEDs from us as we have the highest standards in color temperature accuracy.